Please note that the most recent post is at the top. You can see older posts below.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting wet...

It has been a wild day. I didn't sleep well, waking frequently to listen to the drops of rain on the metal housing of the air conditioner. I expected the rain to come on harder, and to be partnered with wind. Instead it seemed half-hearted, and my fears that the old single pane glass would be sprung from the metal frames seemed foolish.

It was only later that the winds came. They arrived in the afternoon, like a late-comer arriving at a party when everyone else has gone. I could hear them rattling the northern and western windows, the ones over Washington Square Park, and I longed for the air, but didn't dare test the old hooks at the base of the frames.

I had been longing for a walk, having been cooped in the apartment for what seemed like days, and when I went downstairs I knew that I would end up somehow at the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment