Please note that the most recent post is at the top. You can see older posts below.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Depressing but true!

Here is a link to a Wall Street Journal article saying that not only are cover letters passe as application tools, but so are resumes. Now we are seeing companies rely on electronic media like Twitter, Linked In and (ta da!) your blogs for the jobs you are applying for... It suggests that building your skills in doing this might actually be more than an educational tool!

Here's the link: WSJ Online

1 comment:

  1. just to follow up on our conversation in class: I came across an article about a lawyer, Lori Andrews, who wrote about the subject of social networks and personal privacy rights. Her book (which I have not read yet) is called "I Know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did: Social Networks and the Death of Privacy". scary. I really look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete